Old 30-05-2003, 04:10 PM
simy1

Default a guidfe to what plants look like when young -or- what the hell is that?

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote in message ...
simy1 said:

Sounds good -- I assume you don't have many rocks? I sometimes can't
get a spade down or a stake in where I want them. (One whole side of my
house has a strip of rocks laid in that were pulled from the vegetable garden.
When we filled it up, I threw them in the road. Now they've paved the road,
so I'll put them in the trash.)

Yes, I have very few rocks - none in fact, except the gravel and lava
stuff that I brought in when I first filled the beds with some dirt
from around the house. I covered the beds with manure, and I expect a
bumper crop of everything this year
(you can probably tell I am pleased with the root massacre. Fast bed
drying,
and loads of manure going nowhere, all explained. Manure should
fertilize at least
2 years, more typically 3, even including the sandy soil effect)