Old 30-05-2003, 04:10 PM
Doug Kanter

Default a guidfe to what plants look like when young -or- what the hell is that?

"Dave Allyn (Dave Allyn)" wrote in message
This reminds me of a neighbor just up the block: He got a notice
from the town basically stating that if he didn't keep his grass less
than 12 inches, he was going to be fined. Let me note that he has an
immacculate lawn. no weeds, mows once a week to keep it perfect,
etc... Needless to say he was abit upset. he called the town, and
asked what was the deal, and where did they see grass to be cut? they
looked up his address, and said the cops say tall grass on the north
side of his garage.

" Tell then they are F***'n Idiots!!! those are my day lillys!!!"
click

I'll bet it wasn't the cops. He was probably turned in by someone much like
my neighbors, senior citizens who spend their days peeking through their
curtains and looking for violations. Last summer, I sold my car. When the
woman came to exchange paperwork, we went to the department of motor
vehicles and found that her insurance papers were out of order. I had
already taken the license plates off my car, and it was otherwise parked
legally on the street. The next morning, I looked outside and saw a cop
writing down the VIN from the windshield. I went out and was told that
someone had reported an abandoned car. He was very apologetic, but said that
some neighbors have nothing better to do with their time than whine about
nonsense like this, and that he was required to respond.