Old 30-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Daisy infested grass

In article ,
"ned" writes:

| Hey, don't give in so easily!
| It's your lawn. If you want it daisy free, then you have it daisy
| free.

Fine, but it's his sister that does.

| One problem with daisys is that they can crowd out the grass - as you
| have found, so that you end up with a total daisy 'sward'. Then when
| you attempt to reduce the daisy density you end up with bare patches
| all over the place.

Then reduce the grass and have a daisy lawn! Very trendy.

| The odd one or two may be pretty, pretty. But en masse they are as
| much a menace as any other weed.

In a flower bed, yes, but they are only a menace in a lawn if you
object to them. I distinguish 'good' lawn plants (i.e. low growing,
soft underfoot, evergreen etc.) from 'bad' ones (not so), and will
remove the latter. Daisies are the former.

| Don't you listen to all those 'fashionable' gardeners ;-) They are
| only trying to justify not weeding, lazy lot!!!

Quite right, too. They're our gardens :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.