Old 30-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Annabel

Default Wild flowers?

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Our garden is divided roughly into three parts, my bit, her bit
and no-mans-land which is covered in grass (and a few weeds)
about 12 inches high.

What I would like to do is to make this part into a wild flower area,
I did try last year, spent a lot of money on seeds from the garden
centres, and because I'm a clever fellow I ignored the instructions
on the packet, which said something like, 'plant into prepared seed
beds and when large enough plant out into the final flowering places',
but, as I've said I'm a clever beggar and I worked out that in nature
the wild flowers don't have gardeners to put their seeds into these
sort of conditions, so I did what the plants naturally do and just
chucked them on the ground.

Result, nothing!

As I'm careful with my money, (i.e. mean!) I am reluctant to spend a
lot of money on packaged seeds, average price £2.00 per packet,
so I'm on the scrounge! Does anyone have a surplus of wild flower
seeds that they are desperately looking for a home for?

Alan

Just a thought

John Chambers seed merchant have what they call a flowering lawn mix, I
know you don't want to spend a lot on seed but their catalogue tells you
what the mixtures contain.

bel