Old 30-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Druss

Default Concrete and two large fir trees

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi all,
We have just bought a house that as a very nice patio but as two 8
foot fir tree stuck in it, we would like to kill these trees so we can
cut them down without disturbing the patio due to cost etc.

What would be the best way to do this i have been told several things
namely diesal in the ground or drill a hole in the tree and pour
diesal into the hole or another was using a very strong costic soda
solution to kill the tree slowly.
the ground will not be replanted or reused.

Thanks

Steve

Ever thought of stripping the barnches, cutting the trunk at about 4 foot
and making a pair of nice tables ?, just an idea.
Duncan