Old 30-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Chayote, choko, mirliton in the USA.

On Fri, 30 May 2003 13:48:30 GMT, "ares"
wrote:

I recently tried them; they're very good similar to a winter squash, and I'm
wondering if they're easy to grow or not; they're common in the stores here,
not cheap tho'; the site shows they're selling an embryo; hard to tell if
it's a tree fruit or a squash like plant; I think there's a seed in the
middle of them; maybe I should buy another and try planting it. (I enjoyed
drawing a face on mine and it looked like a little toothless face).

They're in the gourd (and squash) family (Cucurbitae).

IIRC, they need a really long growing season - as would be
found in places like Florida, Louisiana, SoCal, southern
Texas, but not in most of the USA.

(I could find out for sure if our *&*!@% ISP had a decent
connection to the WWW - currently, I cannot use the WWW.)

Pat