Old 30-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Chet Hayes

Default Cost to mow...

Being an electrical engineer, I used to have some people I hardly knew
bug me to fix their TV's. They didn't understand that what they need
is a TV repairman with experience, test eqpt, parts, etc, not an EE.

So one time I finally got suckered into trying to fix a couple of them
for a guy. They promptly went up in smoke and after that, nobody
asked me again.

"GamePlayer No. 1058" wrote in message news:8d31f5105eb80488d6dc754a8e057cff@TeraNews.. .
Do what I did, my neighbors bought the house next door and layed sod, but
didnt have a mower, they asked if I would mind coming over and mowing there
lawn once in a while since i have a rider mower. At first I didnt mind,
seeing as I have a rider mower, its more fun than a chore. Well I did this
for about 2 months, then grew tired of mowing their lawn as well as my own,
(I started to feel like I had to do their lawn when I did mine) so I stopped
mowing all together, my lawn and theirs.

When they asked what was up, I told them my mower was on the fritz. Believe
it or not, within a week they had a brand new mower to mow their own lawn,
though they never offered to mow my lawn, but a week later I started mowing
my own lawn again and gave them the explanation that I took my mower to the
shop and had it repaired at the cost of $300.00, they did offer to pay me
half of the "supposed" repair bill, but I declined. They now have a new
mower and I dont have to mow their lawn.

"Tim Fischer" wrote in message
: My neighbor is in a bind, since their lawn tractor is on the fritz. He
: wants me to mow their yard until they make other arrangements. I'm not
real
: keen on the idea as I have a bigger need for time (for all my own
projects)
: than money. But, I want to be neighborly...
:
: How much should I charge (he's definitely willing to pay) to mow about
8/10
: acre of mostly treeless property with few obstacles? Also, I will not be
: doing any trimming, edging, raking, etc-- pretty much just what my lawn
: tractor can do.
:
: I want to charge enough so that they want to find other arrangements
sooner
: than later, but not so much as to be ridiculous. We just moved here last
: July and don't really know these folks at all, so I'm surprised they asked
: us (although we're their closest neighbor and have a brand new Deere so
they
: know we can do it.
:
: I'm in suburban Minneapolis, if that matters.
:
: Thanks,
: -Tim
: