Old 30-05-2003, 09:32 PM
ned

Default Daisy infested grass

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
"ned" writes:

Hey, don't give in so easily!
It's your lawn. If you want it daisy free, then you have it daisy
free.

Fine, but it's his sister that does.

......... it's his sister that does what?

One problem with daisys is that they can crowd out the grass - as
you have found, so that you end up with a total daisy 'sward'.

Then
when you attempt to reduce the daisy density you end up with bare
patches all over the place.

Then reduce the grass and have a daisy lawn! Very trendy.

And there you have it. Trendy!
There is room for every shade of gardener. Not everyone wants to be
trendy.
If you want to bring the the great outdoors into your backyard. OK,
fine.
But if you are looking for a little bit of formality with a row of
allysum, a row of lobelia, a row of tagetes, a little box hedge and a
striped lawn, ...... then have it.
To blazes with what the latest trend is, it's your garden. Try it. The
much lauded informality thing is a whole lot more difficult to create
'successfully'.

I have the luxury of a 4 acre hay meadow which gives me all the joy
and wild experience that I need. And I'm past the age where 'trendy'
imposes any influence on me.
And I wouldn't want our new gardener to feel that he has to conform to
anyones ideas other than what appeals to him.
Leave him be to experiment and make mistakes just like all of us (who
will own up) did. ... ;-) ... ;-) ... ;-)
I reckon you lot must spend more time watching the box for the latest
gimmick than bending your backs.
;-)

--
ned

....... a garden offers the opportunity to play with Nature's building
blocks.
There are no rules. Just experiment and see what works for you.