Old 30-05-2003, 09:56 PM
gregpresley

Default Digging up perfectly good tulips (was Moving tulips)

Tulips naturalize very well in some parts of the country, poorly in others.
The back yard of my current home was planted to tulips before I lived here,
but I saw them blooming when the purchase was closing. They were relatively
sparse. After 3 years of intense cultivation of the garden, and the addition
of many perennials (during which I suppose I probably dug up and divided
some bulbs accidentally), the back yard is a forest of tulips every spring.
Our climate is similar to Turkey's - a sort of cold, modified Mediterranean
type of climate. (Cold snowy winters, hot dry summers). So I suppose tulips
feel right at home here.