Old 30-05-2003, 11:20 PM
dave @ stejonda

Default Dragonflies - slightly OT?

In message , Pickle
writes

Thanks for that. I seem to remember that they go through a larval stage
which ends with them climbing up the side of the pond out of the water.
Can I help by ensuring there's an appropriate surface?

They like things like reeds, irises etc, anything where they can climb up
away from the water

ta - I'll look into something along those lines.

The body was red with thin black hoops, about 4cm long. It seemed quite
skinny compared with ones I've seen elsewhere. (We're in SE London NW
Kent border if that's relevant.)

Sounds like a Large Red damselfly, dragonflies' smaller cousins.

Oh

Still, that's a start.

?why do Americans chatter during live theatre?

Don't know - why do they?

I don't know either but I recently experienced two occasions in London's
West End where I'd paid lotsadosh for good tickets and was treated to
repeated distraction from behind me. They just didn't seem to understand
that the silent bits weren't there for them to fill with their
inanities.

--
dave @ stejonda

!!! currently on dialup as my NTL broadband down again (