Old 31-05-2003, 02:08 AM
Carol Adams

Default Doves

There is a woman named Cheryl who works at Wildlife Rescue on Fridays (at
least she is doing so now). She is their bird expert, and she might have
some ideas. The number is 472-WILD and the phone is currently manned
weekdays 9 am - 3 pm. You can see more info at
http://www.volunteersolutions.org/au...e_173258.html.

However, I believe that if the doves like your property, even if you kill or
remove the current birds, more will come. It might be worth trying to think
through what is attracting them, and then think about how to make the area
less attractive.

Some people feel that cardboard images of owls and other birds of prey
discourage birds like doves. I don't know whether this works or not.

Good luck.

"David" wrote in message
Anyone have any suggestions on legal ways to get rid of or limit dove
populations?