Old 31-05-2003, 02:32 AM
Travis

Default Cats and the garden.

JNJ wrote:
Ok, I'm looking for a few good solid ways to keep these blasted cats
from using my beds as a place to "relieve" themselves. I've taken
cuttings from my roses and tossed down -- there's not enough to go
around and they just don't last forever. I'd prefer not to put
chicken wire under the mulch.

Any other suggestions?

Cats prefer dry places to urinate and defecate, so keep one place dry where
it doesn't matter and keep all other places damp. A small sand box out of
the way would prolly work best. I don't think anything will stop male cats
from marking.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5