Old 31-05-2003, 02:56 AM
Wilma Duncan

Default Plants for coldwater tank?

Judy, java Fern, java moss, anacharis, moneywort, creeping charlie are good
coldwater plants.
Wilma
"JudyK" wrote in message
om...
I have a 25 gallon coldwater tank in which I have 3 rosy red minnows
and 3 tiny minnows of undetermined species from the river. I have
hornwort (also from the river last summer) and cabomba. I am looking
for other kinds of plants that would do ok in this setup. The rosy
reds are spawning and the babies will need lots of plants if they are
to survive being eaten. Besides, lots of plants look nice.

The hornwort is fine. The cabomba is also nice initially but I don't
think I have enough light for it. The tank is a Hagen kit that comes
with everything. I'm not sure of the wattage of the 1 flourescent bulb
but it doesn't seem as bright as my 10 gallon tank. Anyway, the
cabomba has grown long and spindly and the leaves on the bottoms of
the stems have all fallen off and made a dreadful mess.

You can see a picture of my tank when the plants were still bushy on
this page:
http://jumaka.com/aquarium/rosyreds.html

Any suggestions as to what I could try?

Judy (and the fish)