Old 31-05-2003, 03:44 AM

Default Gray Leaf Spots ??

wrote:
"Ray" wrote:
I recently sprayed my lawn with a concentrated weed killer using a
sprayer that attaches to the water hose.

I must have used more than required because my St. Augustine Lawn blade
tips are developing white spots that are circular with a brown border.
I emailed the Scotts website and they claim I used too much weed
killer. I emailed the local University horticulturist and he says it
could be chemically burned from the pesticide or possibly Gray Leaf
Spots. I didn't have this problem before until I used an over
abundance of weed killer.

I also didn't notice it in the areas where I didn't spray for weeds.

Has anyone else experienced this before ?? And what was done to
correct ??

TIA,
Ray

Depending on how bad you've burned it, lots of water is the first
thing to do. Activated charcoal will help on big contamination,
hope your's isn't that severe.

Just leave it alone until fall if it dies. That will give the
soil time to clean out, and is an excellent time for seeding.

Or plugging.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/