Old 03-02-2003, 11:38 PM
Derryl Killan

Default Fertilize all seasons?

Hi Sandy - It all depends on the soils that are being used now. If the
plants are in Peatlite mixes then they must be contiually feritlized on an
ongoing basis. Winter months cutdown on the feeding. But feed just to
ensure good foliage and flowers. Leach every 2 months.

Plants with regular soils in the mix usually 1-1-1 one part soil
(pasteurized), One part peatmoss, one part perlite. This mix can do with
feeding once per month. Every 3 months leach out the excess salts by
watering twice til the water comes out the bottom of the pot.

Derryl

"Sandy" wrote in message
om...
I`ve read about letting houseplants 'rest' during their 'off
season'BUT I`ve also heard of people giving their plants fertilizers
all year long Which is best? TIA Sandy