Old 31-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Quentin Grady

Default Chayote, choko, mirliton in the USA.

This post not CC'd by email
On Fri, 30 May 2003 13:48:30 GMT, "ares" wrote:

I recently tried them; they're very good similar to a winter squash, and I'm
wondering if they're easy to grow or not; they're common in the stores here,
not cheap tho'; the site shows they're selling an embryo; hard to tell if
it's a tree fruit or a squash like plant; I think there's a seed in the
middle of them; maybe I should buy another and try planting it. (I enjoyed
drawing a face on mine and it looked like a little toothless face).
ares

G'day G'day Ares,

I like the thought of the toothless face. There shape lends them to
that ... once you think of it. Perhaps there could be competitions.

The chayote vines grow rampantly. They are great if one wants to
cover something unsightly but give them lots of room.

Best wishes,

--
Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
New Zealand, #,# [