Old 31-05-2003, 04:44 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default garden police gone wild?

Some of this stuff get done so people/govenrment can act on it, but
communal restrictions are often about making the neighborhood "look"
good. Like laws they are often written by idiots who are qualified to
deal with the subjects at hand.

When I used to park on the street outside my building I found out that
if you leave your car parked in the same spot three days the city can
seize it as abandoned...which they did. The law is meant to enable
police to get dead cars within 72 hours. However in my case I left a
ticket on the window and some prick of a cop seized the car. Probably
the same guy who would write tickets at 8:01 AM every street-cleaning
day. The law was designed for seizing regular cars but assholes abuse
them.

DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)