Old 31-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Denise

Default Building a waterfall

Two of my ponds (small and without fish) have waterfalls that I built. I
just picked a spot that would give me best viewing from windows and/or
sitting areas and starting piling up rocks. Luckily, my land is full of
rocks. I just have to dig a whole or walk through my woods and gather
them (I always laugh when I see an HGTV show where people are paying big
$$$ for rocks)

I used large sheet of thick plastic to line where the waterfalls were
built up to make sure I would not lose any water out of the pond. I just
kept piling up rocks and using a hose to test how the water was falling.
It is very easy to kill three or more hours playing with rocks LOL. You
want to make sue you have some very large, flat straight edged rocks for
"drops". And try to make the waterfall curve a bit. Looks much nicer! Be
sure to plant some ground cover and some tall stuff (like iris) among
the rocks so your waterfall will blend in with what's around in and look
natural.

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc