Old 31-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Jo Ling

Default midsummers day

Ophelia wrote in message

"Jo Ling" wrote in message

Hang on if 21st June is the first day of summer, and 24th June is
mid-summers day, does this mean that we are officially admitting that

UK
summer is actually only 6 days long ???
Duncan

That's not as daft as it sounds. In Scotland Autumn lasts one day if

you're
lucky.

Are you here too? We had our summer in April

No, I escaped. Couldn't stand the climate: permafrost in Winter, rain in
Summer and nothing in between. I remember one particular year when it was
fine one minute; and then the leaves blew off the trees; and then we had six
months of semi-permanent darkness. Nooooo thanks! I live in Sussex now.

Jo