Old 31-05-2003, 09:44 PM
joe

Default Water Hyacinth fertilizer ?

Steve and Tiffany wrote:

Jerri,

Would 0-0-60 encourage algae? I have a veggie filter ... I guess I
could turn the water off for a few hours, drop some fertilizer in and
then open the drain up.. and then put it back into operation?

-Steve

On 31 May 2003 16:31:28 GMT, (Jerrispond) wrote:

Hi, what kind of fertilizer can I use on my floating water hyacinth ? I
plan on taking them out of the pond and putting them into a large bucket
to fertilize them,

Throw a few spoons per 1000 gallons of 0-0-60 right into the ponds....You
will
be AMAZED. That is what a lot of us from this board did last year....all
with
good results....Jerri

No, if anything it will discourage it. The healthier the other plants, the
less algae. It will really green up your plants.

Joe