Old 01-06-2003, 04:32 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Okra seed germination

On 31 May 2003 10:09:39 GMT, Nick Maclaren wrote:

All of mine succumbed to fungus/whatever during the cold spell that
followed their germination. I lost a lot of subtropicals, and most
of the others are only now beginning to recover - some probably
won't.

Remember that okra is of African origin, and needs really hot
weather to do well -- tropical weather, in fact. It's widely
grown in the steamy summer climate of the American southeast --
think Louisiana gumbo.

From what I understand of the British climate, okra would be a
dead loss out of doors in the UK. It might do in a sunny
greenhouse.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada