Old 01-06-2003, 04:56 AM
Nedra

Default Veggie pond inlet

Originally I had such a 'manifold' in my veggie filter. It was a
hassle to keep it unclogged. I finally got
rid of it a couple of summers ago and just have the hose going
into the veggie filter ... the hose is sort of hooked under a
milk crate with the water flowing in unobstructed. The 500 gph pump that
feeds the veggie filter is sitting on a shelf across the pond.
This is a really backwards way of explaining things, isn't it.?

The first website below shows my 3,000 gallon pond in 1994...
the year I had it dug. I have several pumps going .... but that is
another post.

Good Luck!

Nedra

"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
How do you people have your pipe entering the veggie pond? I think the
best way for me to do it would be to put a piece of PVC pipe with holes
cut in it in the bottom of the pond, to disperse the water evenly among
the plants. Has anybody else done it like this?