Old 01-06-2003, 06:08 AM
StickMon

Default Droopy Jade

Cereoid-UR12yo wrote:
How so, Fred?

Did you hear a splashing sound?

Fred Garvin wrote in message

On Sat, 31 May 2003 14:34:42 -0400, StickMon wrote:

We moved to Southern CA from the Midwest 3 years ago. The house came

with

several large (about 3') jades in various gardens. Some in direct sun,
some not. They have always done well and bloomed like mad in the late
Winter - early Spring.

Within the last month a few of them have started to droop and fall over.
We haven't done anything differently and there is no sign of disease.

The

leaves are plump and green, but the stems are floppy. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Overwatering it sounds like.

Thanks to all. I can individually adjust the sprinkler heads, so I'll
dial them down tomorrow. Rain is not a usually a factor. We get about 6"
a year, but we got almost 3" in April, so that could have added to the
problem. (We got 4.5" of rain in all of 2002.)