Old 01-06-2003, 06:32 AM
lms

Default Question about pruning roses

In article , says...

In article ,
says...

In article ,

says...

This reminds me that I have a problem bloomer in my garden this
year, the Weeks shrub rose called Rockin' Robin.

another Tom Carruth striper in the wake of Scentimental, I grow this
rose, have had basically similar results....

By the way, I've discovered that the best way to get a reluctant bloomer to
go forward is to reveal the problem in r.g.r.

Not two days after I asked for some advice on Rockin' Robin it popped out
with new growth along its pegged canes and now sports numerous flower buds.

Perhaps it hates bad publicity.

here's a snap of the one here,
http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~mstephen/Rockrob1a.jpg

it may look like this is an abused rose but it never showed any kind of
willingness to turn into a bushy thing even before Frau Dagmar decided it
was a good spot to pop up. The center of Frau Dagmar is off the side of the
pic to the left and shows no such reluctance. I enjoy them together actually.
I guess you can also see one of the main flavors of the tall grass that most
everything around here has to deal wit. You might imagine if you were a mini.

----