Old 01-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Drakanthus

Default Garden Shredder

Shredders?
In my opinion, they are expensive and unnecessary yuppie toys.
Regards - Jim

Since I threw away my B&D shredder, I have got by fine without one. Most
things compost given time including soft hedge clippings. I've found a small
hand axe suitable for chopping / pulverising sweetcorn stems and brussels
sprout stems into a suitable size for composting. It is surprising how quick
it is to chop these things over a heavy wooden block.
Some things like phormium leaves can't readily be chopped or shredded, so
there is a little waste - but not much!

--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)