Old 01-06-2003, 11:20 AM
nospam

Default Cuttings from laylandii

I've grown them from the seeds before - the tiny flakes of brown/white seed
about 2mm diam, which come from the brown 'nuts' about 1cm diam that grow on
the trees. A dozen nuts should yield a few hundred seeds, so hopefully some
should succeed. Seeds might be a little more robust for transport than
cuttings, but you could try both for a better chance. Oh, there may be
export restrictions on moving seeds and cuttings about, I'm not sure. Good
luck anyway.

Susan

"William Anderson" wrote in message
Hi all,

My partner Wendy and i are moving out to live in spain shortly. She has
some large laylandii at the foot of the garden which were given as

presents
from her brother who is now sadly dead, Is there any way that we could

take
a cutting from them as Wendy feels a little sad at having to leave them.?
( Sentimental value ).

I thought about taking a root cutting, will this be ok?

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Regards

Bill.