Old 01-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Okra seed germination

In article , Dwayne wrote:
Okra likes lots of sun, warm weather, and can live without a lot of
watering. I live in the U.S. and cut it every 2 or 3 days during the peak
season, and cut it about 3 inches long. It will get longer, and some are
designed to get really long, but if you let them get too long, they wont be
tender.

Let a few pods dry on the plant for next years seeds. When they are dry,
they start cracking open and dropping seeds. The trick is to catch them
before they crack too much.

If he achieves THAT in the UK, even growing them under glass, it will
be pretty impressive! Remember that our sunlight starts dropping off
HARD in 3 months' time :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.