Old 01-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Protecting blueberry bushes from birds

On Sat, 31 May 2003 18:18:03 -0400, "B. Joshua Rosen"
wrote:

Any suggestions for protecting blueberry bushes from birds? Last year I
covered them with a net but it's rather unsightly and It's not clear that
it did any good (I had fewer berries last year then the year before when
I didn't do anything except rely on my cat to keep the birds away).

Oh dear. We just planted blueberry bushes. Of course we
won't get any berries this year.

I don't care if a net is unsightly - I'll be using one when
the bushes have berries, or maybe I'll use floating row
cover. I think the floating row cover would probably work
better.

Pat