Old 01-06-2003, 12:20 PM
JimS.

Default black roses question

"Unique Too" wrote in message
(Shiva) writes:

The one I was thinking of is the miniature Black Jade, I looked it up.

Check this out--click on the first photo on the left. It looks really
black!

http://helpmefind.com/rose/pl.php?n=713

I've seen a couple of Black Jades and another of the so called "black"

roses
recently. Neither of them were even remotely black, not even dark red,

more of
a bright red, I was really disappointed in their color. They were closer

the last photo of the set on HMF.
I wonder if these roses become lighter in our sun? Anyone in a strong sun
climate growing any of the "black" roses?
Julie

It must be the strong sun. In Seattle, the mini Black Jade I saw last week
was definitlely almost black. Yes, of course, you could tell it was really
dark, dark, red. But practically black. Must be affected by the strength
of the sun.

JimS.
Seattle