Old 01-06-2003, 01:08 PM
kahunamo

Default Transplanting Trees...New gardener...New poster

I've been trying to transplant some Pin Oaks from God's garden to mine
with out sucess. I tried it last spring, last fall and again this
spring..
I'm sure I'm taking a big enough rootball, the soil conditions are the
same from where I'm taking then from to where I'm replanting
them..poor at best.

I'm digging my hole twice as big as the rootball, giving it good
composted soil and a slow release fertilizer. Yet they die within a
week or two..

I just don't get what I'm doing wrong..I've transplanted other trees
with out any problems...These darn Pin Oaks have me stumped.

Any suggestions?

TIA...Mo