Old 01-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Drakanthus

Default compost and recycling

A bit O.T. but I always wondered why we are not supposed to put enveloppes
in the paper recycling containers. The only reason I can think of is the
glue on them, but surely a glossy magazine contains as much as an

enveloppe?

Many thanks

Gogo

I'm a bit wary what goes into my compost bin now. There are so many
carcinogenic or toxic chemicals used in manufacturing. As the years go by,
more and more chemicals are found to be harmful even in trace quantities.
You just might find out you are adding poison to the soil - as I did. I used
to regularly put waste sawdust into my compost from various jobs involving
pressure treated timber, only to find out later that the active ingredient
is based upon Arsenic. I don't put ANY man made products into my compost
now.

--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)