Old 01-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Minteeleaf

Default Kiwi gender issues

Right Star wrote:

I've had a pair of supposedly heterosexual kiwi vines on my fence for over 5
years now, but no fruit. They were ordered through Jung's and those people have
sent me enough mis-labeled items through the years that I don't deal with them
anymore, so I'm wondering if my Kiwis are actually enjoying a same-sex Civil
Union. They're big and robust otherwise and kind of pretty actually, but I
would like them to be productive. Does anyone know how to tell what sex they
are? I've never noticed any flowers appearing, but don't when to look or what
they might look like.
Thanks for any help!

What colors are the leaves? I understand male kiwis have
pinkish leaves. At least the ones I'm familiar with.

Minteeleaf