Old 16-01-2003, 04:59 AM
Clear Cut

Default Deforestation a hoax.

If you are interested in US statistics, spend some quality time with:

http://fia.fs.fed.us/

The Forest Inventory and Analysis program of the Forest Service has been
in continuous operation since 1930 with a mission to "make and keep
current a comprehensive inventory and analysis of the present and
prospective conditions of and requirements for the renewable resources
of the forest and rangelands of the United States."

For a world wide perspective, explore the Food and Agriculture
Organization of the United Nations. You can generate your own tables
from thier database:

http://apps.fao.org/

They say that between 1964 to 1994 there was a net loss of 376,560,000
Hectares of forest and woodlands. 1994 ws the last year that I could
quickly find statistics for. That's 12,552,000 Ha per year

Land Use
Forests And Woodland*(1000Ha)
Year 1994
AGG_COUNTRIES 8,344,870
(Aggregate of all countries)

Year 1964
AGG_COUNTRIES 8,721,430

If you would like a more detailed analysis, I would be happy to supply
one at my regular consulting rates.

I think that you will find the picture changes dramatically depending on
where you look.

In article ,
wrote:

Where is Government research indicating a risk of depletion?
I can't find any answers to my simple questions, it must be a hoax by the
Greenie.
Simple questions.
1, how much forests left?
2, how many acres per year used?
3, how many acres per year replaced?

--
Due to SPAM filtering, please add NOSPAM
to email subject to improve your chances