Old 01-06-2003, 05:32 PM
jane

Default The best bit of gardening

On Sat, 31 May 2003 16:20:09 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

~in article , Simon Avery at
wrote on 31/5/03 2:08 pm:
~
~snip
~ Can it get any better than this? Sitting in my own garden, the sounds
~ of water running down the stream. No noisy neighbours or screaming
~ kids, no mad rush to do anything other than get another cold beer from
~ the fridge...
~
~I'm with you - we have had the extra miracle of the ducklings hatching
~today. Five so far out of eight possibles. They're are just heaven in
~fluff!

The local swans didn't manage any this year. After 9,7,5 and 7 in the past
five years I reckon they need a rest!!!

But I am currently looking out of the window (in between typing!) and I see
that the Great Tits nesting next door in the box have a rather fascinating
route: feed babies, grab a peanut from my feeder, disappear into the
shrubbery for grubs, go back, feed babies... at least I know the parents
won't starve! I'm also getting through fatballs at a huge rate - that's the
Blue Tits. And since we just had a very heavy shower, the worms are at the
surface and the blackbirds are making the best of it. (Fortunately I got it
mowed just in time)

Sometimes it's great just to sit and watch, even if I'm supposed to be
putting courgettes in.

--
jane

Mark Twain