Old 16-01-2003, 09:47 AM
Joe Zorzin

Default Deforestation a hoax.

"Clear Cut" wrote in message
If you are interested in US statistics, spend some quality time with:

http://fia.fs.fed.us/

The Forest Inventory and Analysis program of the Forest Service has been
in continuous operation since 1930 with a mission to "make and keep
current a comprehensive inventory and analysis of the present and
prospective conditions of and requirements for the renewable resources
of the forest and rangelands of the United States."

And it's been proven to be next to worthless, at least for the Northeast, by
Karl Davies, consultant from Mass.- since their inventory methods don't
measure tree height, nor tree grade. See www.daviesand.com.

For a world wide perspective, explore the Food and Agriculture
Organization of the United Nations. You can generate your own tables
from thier database:

http://apps.fao.org/

They say that between 1964 to 1994 there was a net loss of 376,560,000
Hectares of forest and woodlands. 1994 ws the last year that I could
quickly find statistics for. That's 12,552,000 Ha per year

Land Use
Forests And Woodland (1000Ha)
Year 1994
AGG_COUNTRIES 8,344,870
(Aggregate of all countries)

Year 1964
AGG_COUNTRIES 8,721,430

If you would like a more detailed analysis, I would be happy to supply
one at my regular consulting rates.

I think that you will find the picture changes dramatically depending on
where you look.

In article ,
wrote:

Where is Government research indicating a risk of depletion?
I can't find any answers to my simple questions, it must be a hoax by

the
Greenie.
Simple questions.
1, how much forests left?
2, how many acres per year used?
3, how many acres per year replaced?

--
Due to SPAM filtering, please add NOSPAM
to email subject to improve your chances