Old 01-06-2003, 06:44 PM

Default Wildlife and ponds

In , on 05/31/03
at 09:31 PM, "Anne Lurie" said:

I think turtles are pretty cool, and it's all I can do to resist stopping
the car to rescue them when they are about to cross a busy road (I don't
for two reasons: a young girl in this area was killed by a car when she
tried to do just that, and I've some opinions that say it's pointless to
try to head off the turtle, as it will just come back to the same place
-- unless I "kidnap" it and take it home with me, which is probably not
a good idea considering I'd be exposing the turtle to the attention of my
dogs, sigh...)

I've read you should take the turtle to the side it's headed for, and
place it a few feet off the road facing the way it was going.

Alan

**** Please use address ) to reply via e-mail. ****

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564