Old 16-01-2003, 05:30 PM
mike hagen

Default Deforestation a hoax.

wrote:
To the inital poster: the issue is not deforestation in the US - there
are MANY trees, although small. Try GOOGLE for the stats. IMO, the real
problem is the urbanization of the countryside and the voting base.

Thanks for your NON answer, and lack of proof.
The facts are that we have plenty of forests left, otherwise the
promoters of depletion would quickly prove it. They haven't, they
can't and they won't as it's a propaganda spin designed to legitimize
various environ"mental" groups.

There are few things as pointless as doing another's homework for them
or answering global questions from regional points of view. I doubt if
any of the regulars here are familiar with the state of forests in OZ.
You could probably bring in something interesting on that. Now if
you're smart, you'll fine tune your question and remember that this is a
discussion group, not a library.