Old 01-06-2003, 07:32 PM
samuel l crowe

Default Protecting blueberry bushes from birds

I have 4"x4"x 10' post in the ground with 3/4 inch pvc pipe across the top
from post to post. than I use the netting to cover the whole thing (6
bushes), I than fasten the bottom to the ground using pins that are made to
hold weed block in place that landscapers use. This is almost bird proof I
say almost for one bird did get in last year.
It is kind of fun to watch them go round and round looking for an opening,
one bird last year I seen get down on the ground and try to crawl under the
netting, getting himself hung up in it, I did release him after a while.
Good luck.
--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC
"B. Joshua Rosen" wrote in message
news
Any suggestions for protecting blueberry bushes from birds? Last year I
covered them with a net but it's rather unsightly and It's not clear that
it did any good (I had fewer berries last year then the year before when
I didn't do anything except rely on my cat to keep the birds away).