Old 01-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Pat Meadows

Default garden police gone wild?

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 13:48:09 -0400, Minteeleaf
wrote:

I can't mow a lawn very well anymore, but I can still
cook great meals. I'd be happy to trade good home-cooked
quality meals for someone to mow my lawn.

Minteeleaf, finally managed to get the lawn (3 feet tall) mowed after
nearly a month of solid rain. Maybe we should rent a sheep. :-)

I think it would be better to start building an ark.....

It's going to be below freezing here tonight, I know it is.
The forecast is for 37. But the nearest weather station is
about 60 miles away, and about 800 feet lower in altitude.
Our temperatures generally run about 10 degrees colder than
the forecast.

All my tomatoes are out, in WalloWaters, but two of them
have grown out the top of the WoWs - the two Early Girls.
We will have to figure out some way to cover them. The
others will be OK.

The peppers will need to be covered too.

We'll almost need a boat to get to them, the garden is a
shallow lake with round islands (raised beds - we're using
tires this year). Sigh.

Pat