Old 01-06-2003, 08:44 PM
profpam

Default Dendrobium question

Alison,

If I might add to Tom's worthy advice, you might also add a little
spaghnum moss at the top. I also underpot dendrobiriums and use mostly
rock as my medium.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html -- new version and improvement
over other versions

Tom Randy wrote:

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 02:54:24 -0400, Alison wrote:

I have an anonymous phal-type dendrobium which has just finished
blooming. It was not in very good shape when I got it so the flowers
were a huge surprise. I would like to know how to encourage new growth.
It hasn't got many roots that are good, but there are a few skinny little
ones with growing tips. Just no shoots yet. Should I water more, or
less, or fertilize more, or...?

Alison

Let it dry out between waterings. Fertilize half strength every other
watering. That's what I do anyway.