Old 01-06-2003, 11:32 PM
JETman

Default Where to find day laborers in Austin?

Why is it OUR responsibility to "raise" the levels of ********s like
Mexico to "be more like the US."

Irrational thinking like this is exactly what has put us in the spot
that we find ourselves.

Get a clue!

JT

Nell Reynolds wrote:

I am a conservative Republican, but I can see that the illegal aliens who
come here work hard. Many of them send much of their paychecks home to
families they can afford to visit only once a year, if that often. They
come here because there is not even the opportunity to make $6 an hour at
backbreaking work in Mexico. They live six or more to a cheap apartment and
walk or take a bus wherever they want/need to go, because most of them
cannot afford a car, even if they pool their money.
People who know the border situation say that we will stop the illegal
immigration only when we raise the economy of Mexico closer to the level of
the US.

Nell S

"JETman" wrote in message

Bill wrote:

"Spike" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Yeah and you will be paying illegals as well. A federal offense I
believe even though our own police department is aiding and abetting
them as well...

JT

Don't know which is worse them or the Yankees coming here!
Spike

Yes. Pretty soon the yankees will want to unionize them, and raise our
taxes for their pension plans and more! For illegals!

I can assure you that THIS yankee might think of unionizing, but
certainly not for illegal immigrants.

What really ****es me off is that the TeeVee stations in all of their
political correctness don't even call them ILLEGAL. And the cops have a
policy of NOT questioning legal status of these workers... A revoltin'
situation if in my not so humble opinion...

--
Regards,

JT (Residing in Austin, Texas)

Just Tooling Down The Internet Superhighway With my G4.......