Old 02-06-2003, 02:20 AM
samuel l crowe

Default Kiwi gender issues

I have Kiwis and they will bloom no matter what sex they are when they are
ready to bloom. It normally takes 5 years to get the first blooms.
I too started with all males and after replacing them (all but one)three
times (14 years) I finely started getting fruit. Males will grow twice as
fast as females. The only way I can tell them apart is when they bloom there
will be a small node just in back of the blossom on the female, the males is
just only a straight stem. They have white blossoms , about 2 inches in
diameter with a very sweet smell.
Know this is not much help, but its all I know.

--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC
"Right Star" wrote in message
I've had a pair of supposedly heterosexual kiwi vines on my fence for over

5