Old 02-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Vox Humana

Default garden police gone wild?

wrote in message
the problem is there is no end of laws or people who want to pass laws to

govern
peoples bad behavior. they are the control freaks of the world who WANT

the power to
pass more and more laws. and frankly, it is the local laws that make

people's lives
miserable. because nobody including the judges, etc. know MOST of the

laws. So the
reality is most of these laws are never enforced MOST of the time. then

some poor
schmuck puts a foot wrong, some cop or control freak neighbor digs into

the laws and
finds something to get the schmuck in trouble. this happened with my

mothers fence.
the bitch next door dug up some damn law we never heard of about no wire

fences. the
city law is such that if my mother had not taken the fence down she would

be fined
$1000 dollars a day.

In many jurisdictions one has to have a building permit for a fence. In any
case, it always makes sense to check out these things before making
improvements to your property. I wouldn't want to look at a chain link
fence so I would be the one reporting the violation if I were the neighbor.
I find it interesting that your take on this is that the woman who reported
the violation is a "bitch" but your mother who broke the law is a victim.