Old 04-02-2003, 02:02 AM
Warren

Default Raised bed material options?

Jon Noring wrote:

Are there any recent inventions in this area that may be what we
are looking for, such as interlocking blocks (akin to legos) by
which we can build the raised beds retainer?

Any insights here would be most appreciated.

I'm not sure what country you're in, but here in the US, every Home
Depot ad that has anything from the garden department has at least one,
usually more, choices in stackable, interlocking blocks. They even have
little charts that you can look up the height and length of the wall
you're building, and they'll tell you how many blocks you need.

Most of them are sort-of keystone-shaped so you can line them up
straight, or curve them in or out, and many have ridges that will
interlock if you off-set each successive course on top of each other.

They don't seem to have them at Homedepot.com... probably because
they're awfully heavy to send by UPS.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.