Old 02-06-2003, 03:44 AM

Default Koi

minimum size is 1000 gallons, which really isnt that big. then get a stock tank for
inside ... in the basement if it is cool down there, like 60-65oF. Ingrid

"Matt" wrote:

My daughter is very interested in raising koi. We live in the Northeast
(Upstate NY) and are trying to decide what we need to raise koi.

We are thinking of buying an aquarium and starting there as we will need one
anyway to over winter them. What would be the min aquarium size to make sure
that we can keep two koi happy and healthy year round?

We have looked at pre made ponds, but they are only about 18 inches deep and
we have been looking into making a pond using a pond liners. My question is
what is a safe depth and what is the min size in gallons to raise two koi,
ones that we would like to grow to 10 to 12 inches in the northeast where
they can over winter in the pond?

Also, I could use some good info links

Thank you for your time.