Old 02-06-2003, 04:20 AM
BenignVanilla

Default Veggie pond inlet

"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
How do you people have your pipe entering the veggie pond? I think the
best way for me to do it would be to put a piece of PVC pipe with holes
cut in it in the bottom of the pond, to disperse the water evenly among
the plants. Has anybody else done it like this?

I have a 4'' pipe fed from my bottom drain, that ends in a check valve in
the VF. This occurs in the deeper of the VF pond areas. The pump is in the
far end of the VF. The feed pipe pumps water into a small semi-circular
area, and much sendiment collects here. All of the water then flows into a
more narrow area over to a wider deeper area where the pump sits. I have
good fall out, and plenty of surface area.

BV.