Old 02-06-2003, 05:08 AM
Rhino

Default new idea for pre-filter

On Thu, 29 May 2003 12:07:32 -0500, "D. S." wrote:

I don't suppose you have a pic to show us?

D.S.

"Rhino" wrote in message
.. .
I hae a mag-drive pump that normally has a foam prefilter that is stuck on

plastic, slotted "spindle". During the algae bloom this spring it got so

that
I was cleaning the foam at least once a day. I got to looking at using a

bottle
brush to catch the bigger stuff and let the smaller stuff that was

clogging the
foam go through to the veggie filter (okay, not veggie--read plant and
biofilter). While at wally world I found two .99 cent toilet brushes. I

cut
the handles off and just stuck them onto the "spindle". The brushes catch

the
pump-damaging stuff and the rest goes on through. Even though I have

clear
water now, I'm only having to clean the brushes once a week or more.

See my pond
www.htcomp.net/rhino_4_good/index.htm

"Without the second ammendment, the others are just suggestions."

I will be getting one up pretty quick on my site
Rhino