Old 02-06-2003, 06:32 AM
Sacha

Default Smelliest plant ever

in article , Janet Baraclough at
wrote on 1/6/03 10:34 pm:

The message
from (Rodger Whitlock)
contains these words:

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 16:44:43 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Sounds like some kind of Lysichiton aka skunk cabbage.

Don't diss the skunk cabbage. It has a fine refreshing smell,
just like...well, skunk at a distance.

Sobs into hanky/gas mask..why didn't this thread appear before I
acquired a couple of skunk cabbages at yesterday's plant swap...

Janet

He he he. ;-) We saw this growing at Beth Chatto's and I don't recall any
terrible smell. We bought one, too Janet so we'll all suffer olfactory
reactions together! ;-)
However, the one we bought was white and most of the Google images show
yellow or brownish maroon ones, so I'm wondering if that makes a significant
difference.
--

Sacha