Old 02-06-2003, 06:56 AM
gray bale

Default What's the best petrol mower for long grass ??

Ive tried tilting mower and on the highest wheel setting, blade looks pretty
good to me. But all that happens is I get a swirled effect in the grass and
the grass is flattened. No grass appears in box.

Also on the low setting, I cannot even knock the top of daisies or clover.

Ive seen a guy down the road, who has a similar model, and his blade is
blunt and chipped and it is 20 years old.

With the mower turned over on its side and engine OFF, you can get hold of
his blade and its very hard to turn, whereas mine is very easy to turn.