Old 04-02-2003, 02:27 AM
Piscanthropus Profundus

Default Pruning lavender (zone 24/8)

I've had to cut my lavender back because my dogs trampled it. I was afraid
they'd killed it, but cut it down to only a few inches hoping for a
recovery. Sure enough, it came back as strong as ever.

"SAS567" wrote in message
Should I just cut off the spent blooms? How far down?

Is there any reason to cut plant back to the ground?

I trim off the spent blooms and my daughter uses them for all kinds of

craft
projects. Sometimes they will bloom again. If they do, I trim them again.

I've
never in 20 yrs. of growing lavender ever cut them back to the ground.
Sue in Mi. (zone 5)